Sunday 4 March 2012

Guy Edwards Photographer.


Guy Edwardes is a professional landscape, travel and wildlife photographer based in South West England. He is able to provide a wide variety of images for publishers and advertisers around the world with a need for high quality creative and atmospheric photography. He markets a continually updated file of over 150,000 images in his own picture library. Images that cannot be sourced directly can often be obtained from the agencies that represent him. He is always happy to discuss commissioned work and can supply text to accompany images, as well as complete articles. He also runs regular photographic workshops and lectures on photographic technique.
Guy has published two books on landscape and nature photography. Click the images below

 for more information.













I have been a professional nature and landscape photographer for fourteen years. My career began straight after graduating from a degree in photography, following various courses in nature conservation. I now concentrate on stock photography, with The Getty Images acting as my main international agent. NHPA (Photoshot) and NaturePL market my natural history images and Robert Harding market my travel images. I am also represented by Britain on View (Photolibrary) and Alamy. In addition to this I market a library of over 150,000 35mm, medium format and digital images from my own office.





My work has been published widely at home and abroad with clients that include: Outdoor Photography, Practical Photography, Digital Camera, Photo Plus, Digital SLR, Photography Monthly, Dorset, Dorset Life, Devon Life and Somerset Life magazines, Telegraph magazine, The Reader's Digest, David and Charles, CPRE, The Ramblers Association, AA Publishing, Canon, The Ordnance Survey and many card and calendar publishers worldwide.

I have been highly commended in both the Wildlife Photographer of the Year Competition and the Landscape Photographer of the Year Competition. Although my main interest is photographing the wildlife and wild places of the British Isles, I also make many foreign trips each year. Wherever I am working I try to capture subjects in new ways, often working on new techniques in order to produce a unique image. Living in South West England I have a variety of beautiful landscapes and interesting habitats to work in. Many of my most successful images have been taken within a few miles of my home.







I have always used Canon camera equipment, starting with an EOS650 back in the late eighties. I now use an EOS 5Dmk2 as my main landscape camera and an EOS1Dsmk3 for all my natural history work, along with a variety of Canon lenses from 16mm to 600mm.




No comments:

Post a Comment